Yog-Sothoth knows the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the gate. Yog-Sothoth is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, present, future, all are one in Yog-Sothoth. He knows where the Old Ones broke through of old, and where They shall break through again. He knows where They have trod earth's fields, and where They still tread them, and why no one can behold Them as They tread.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Summer Playlist

Let me first say that I have an eclectic taste in music. The following list makes no sense and has poor genre correlation. I also have no sense of shame when it comes to what I like and do not like.

1. Jesus of Suburbia by Green Day

Granted, I have never been the biggest Green Day fan. Pseudo-Punk isn't necessarily my happening, but...there is a strength of concept to this rock opera song that makes this a hypnotic song. It is almost like a symphony, with several different movements, each of which is basically a punk song in and of itself. I particularly like the opening lines.

2. Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel

Why? Its depressing. Its sad. Exactly. I love the bittersweet elegiac qualities of 60's music, and this is one of highlights.

3. House of the Rising Sun by The Animals

If you are actually reading this blog you probably already know why.

4. Bicurious by Eto

Apparently if you are a dude Eto and his boxer friends really want to have sex with you. This is an infectious and hypnotic dance single from Germany. It has a weird eighties feel to it.

5. Come Fly With Me by Frank Sinatra

You can't go wrong with the classics. This song puts me in a good mood. A good night song.

6. Getting Away with Murder by Papa Roach

Again, punk is not my genre really, but I like the emotion in this song. In fact, I think Papa Roach is a stand out band.

7. Viva La Vida by Coldplay

Not because I wanted it, but because those freaking commercials wouldn't leave me alone. As always, the highlight of Coldplay's music is the intelligence in the lyrics.

8. The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani

Great video. This song latched on to me approximately 57 years after it had become played out to the rest of civilization (at least the part that wasn't spotted shooting arrows at helicopters this summer - those people are still coming to grips with Love.Angel.Music.Baby.)

9. Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad? by Moby

Incredible post-work, early morning chill out song. Moby gets little credit for being a musical genius, but he is.

10. Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin

This more accurately belongs on my Lifetime Playlist. I never ever get tired of this song. Ever.

11. The Unsung War

Awesome pump up song. Makes you want to kick peoples' asses while invading Poland.

12. Carol of the Old Ones by the Arkham Carolers

Nothing could be more topical and hip than to take traditional christmas carols and give them Lovecraftian lyrics.

No comments: